First day back to work and dr visit

I went to work yesterday and boy, was it a long day.
I was tired after my shower and drying my hair. Then I flat ironed my hair and for dressed and put on my make up. I wore yoga pants, as I have to wear black pants to work, and they’re the only pants that fit right now. The swelling/bloating wasn’t bad in the morning. That changed quickly.
My mom came over so I had someone here while I showered and then she followed me into town. Even though I wasn’t on any pain meds, I felt dizzy driving. I got to work safely and began my day. Two of my co workers helped me when I got there (lifting and getting things that were on the floor) I am so grateful to them.
About halfway through my morning, I felt my stomach bloat. I began to get very uncomfortable. I kept going, I am stubborn. I bent and stood longer than I should have. I began spotting. Thank goodness my 4 hours was over.
I quickly changed before leaving work and drove to the gas station to fill up the tank. My dad met me at my house to take the ride into the city to dr Dr. K.
It was already 2:20pm and we had to be there by 4! My dad drove like he was in NASCAR. Ok, it seemed that fast to me, but he did get me there on time. We parked in the garage across the street and signed into the building at 4 on the dot.
Dr. K checked my belly and immediately said I was swollen, but my surgical sites look good. He peeled off the suture bandages and cleaned them and put new suture tape on them. Then I went into the office to hear all abut the surgery. He was very pleased with how it went. I had a hemorrhagic cyst on the right ovary, which he removed and sent for biopsy. It came back as just that a blood filled cyst, not endometriosis (yay). He removed my huge Fallopian tube, which in the pictures looked like a giant sausage. He said he drained it and was surprised he got it out of the tiny hole. Then he cleaned up more adhesions and scar tissue. He explained that because I’ve had so many surgeries, my abdomen is sticky. Meaning, when I heal, adhesions seem to form very quickly as does the scar tissue. He placed a mesh guard in there to try to prevent them from forming. Then he told me I can only work 4 hours a day, I got him to accept 5. Now I’m wondering if that was a good idea. I see him again next monday, where I will get a copy of all three surgical reports. He was very happy that I told him we were going to a reproductive immunologist in 2 weeks.
My bosses have been great through all of this. I texted my boss to tell him I wasn’t able to work the 10 hour day that was scheduled for Tuesday. He told me not to worry to come in later and so far I’m scheduled for 5 hours. I just don’t want to use all of my sick time and vacation days. But if I only work 4 or 5 hours I have to work 6 days this week. I may have to use another sick day.
More bout this later…


About our last embryo

I have Endometriosis, Adenomyosis and Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. I've had Lyme, Bell's Palsy and the Shingles before I was 25. I've done IVF twice, with and without immunosuppression and FET. I am married to my best friend and I am Infertile.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

5 Responses to First day back to work and dr visit

  1. Oh my. So sorry to hear you already are back at work. Please do your best to treat yourself gently. Hugs.

    • Thank you. I am home this afternoon and am off tomorrow. I’ve put my feet up for the rest of the day. Hubby coincidentally came home early. Lucky me! Hope you’re feeling better everyday.

      • Big hugs. Let the hubby pamper you, darlin. 🙂

      • I just want to let you know how impressed I am with your recovery. I just can’t believe that you are back at it. I’m still working on walking for more than 2 minutes before getting lightheaded. You absolutely inspire me, and I know better days are just around the corner. Cheers darling!!!

      • Thank you. I still get lightheaded when I’m up too long. That’s why my mother had to come to help. You will get stronger every day. It took me 2 weeks after my laparotomy (big cut) to be able to walk around more. It took a month or longer to feel semi normal again. Well, whatever normal can be for us! Hugs!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s