A great weekend

I actually had a lovely three day weekend. Naturally, I did a bit much on Saturday. I bathed and shaved my poodle girl, went shopping, and vacuumed and did some laundry. It may not seem like much, but it is when you’re recovering from surgery.
Sunday, my husband and I drove into Manhattan to meet my in laws. My father in law had a photography show there and we always meet up to help them pack everything up and then we go to dinner. This time I found I was tired quicker and seemed to get a little swollen again in my belly. Then again, it was the most walking I’ve some in a while! But we finished just after 8pm and headed to the restaurant. This time we chose a different French restaurant. One with an incredible ambiance. I was the only one at the table who’s never been to France, (but I’ve seen Paris in movies and documentaries) and this came very close, according to my mother in law. The two of us had gone ahead, while the men brought a few items back to the hotel. The food was delicious and those were probably the best mashed potatoes I’ve ever had! Now, I don’t know if it was because it was after 9pm and we were all very hungry or they really were. I’m sure they were.
It was a lovely night, the warmth has finally hit us. We walked back to the hotel. The only unfortunate thing about Sundays, is that garbage pick up is Monday morning. P!!!U!!!
This morning I was up at the crack of dawn as usual. But I managed to fall back to sleep for another two hours. We had a nice breakfast and started wandering around the city. We ended up at Central Park. It was beautiful. The sun was hot and the birds were chirping away. We came up from 5th Ave, directly leading into the zoo area. It was too late to go to the zoo (check out was at noon). So, we watched the sea lions for a little bit. It seemed to be a mommy and two little ones. One little one jumped on the rock the other little one was on, let out some noises and then they both jumped off. They seemed to be playing and then one did the same to the momma, she jumped off and swam around. There was a worker in their cave, hosing it out. A beautiful sight to see them so close. But slightly sad as they live in captivity. (This could be a whole other blog topic)
We, then sat on a park bench for a little bit. I was so hot in the sun, we moved on. If you’ve been to that side of the park, then you know, there’s a giant rock over looking the lake. We went up there and tried to take some decent pictures of ourselves. Funny, we only seem to take “couples” pictures when we are in the city. Anyway, we went back to gather our stuff and check out by noon. I’m always sad to leave. Too bad it’s so expensive, I would love to have a place there!
It was a pain free, fun and exhausting weekend. I’m grateful.
It’s amazing how this tree is intertwined into the rock.



About our last embryo

I have Endometriosis, Adenomyosis and Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. I've had Lyme, Bell's Palsy and the Shingles before I was 25. I've done IVF twice, with and without immunosuppression and FET. I am married to my best friend and I am Infertile.
This entry was posted in endometriosis awareness, excision surgery for endometriosis, hope and love, infertility, invisible illness, reproductive immunology and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s