Endo/colitis/viral? Warning tmi ahead

Cycle day 28, I had been having heartburn again. CD 29, I was having some gas pains during the day but I felt fine otherwise. I know I get gassy right before aunt flow pays a visit. Then all of a sudden at 7pm, right before dinner, I got extremely nauseous and I couldn’t stop it, within a few minutes, I vomited.
No, I’m not pregnant, just in case you’re new to my blog, I have no tubes and my uterus is useless, unless you think causing pain and heavy bleeding during my period is useful…I sure don’t!
After vomiting, I fell asleep for two hours in the chair. I had tried to eat something for dinner, I hadn’t eaten any yet, but I took a few bites and fell asleep.
In the early morning I woke up to vomit again a few times. All of a sudden, I didn’t know whether or not I was going to vomit or have diarrhea. The garbage can was nearby but full. I didn’t have time to go dump it to use it if I had to. So, I curled up on the floor and rocked back and forth crying in pain. I had gas pains, nausea, stomach ache and I heard my intestines talking. It was only a matter of time before I exploded, one way or another. I chanced it and the diarrhea started and quickly turned bloody. I figured I burst a hemorrhoid.
Finally, I felt it was safe to crawl back to bed. It was over an hour and a half later.
Three hours after that I was up and getting ready for work. I was still a little nauseous. So I packed some broth and tea and made my way slowly to work. I work alone in a building. Alone! But at least I have my bathroom all to myself. Good thing, because I was in it quite often that day.
Blood. That’s all that was coming out. I felt the cramping before the diarrhea and when I went, it was blood. Every time. I had gone three times before lunch. When my coworker showed up for my lunch break, I called my GI doctor’s office and the receptionist told me to go to the hospital. I asked for the physician’s assistant to call me back. I really didn’t want to go to the hospital.
Right before my lunch was over I had to run in the bathroom again. Blood. Again. I told my coworker in case something happened. She had said I should go home then. But, I have no sick time left. I used all of it and my personal days for our IVF cycle. My supervisor called immediately after she heard. I told her I was ok at the moment.
I couldn’t eat, I couldn’t drink much. Everything I ate or drank came right out. After the 7th time, I called my boss and said I wanted to leave. I apologized. She said someone would come soon. I called her at 12:30pm. My relief got there a little before 2pm. I was weak and scared. But I finished what I had to and went home.
My husband drove me to the hospital. I was put in a room with a bathroom and the nurse placed the IV and took my blood. My dad works nearby and showed up there. I had told my mom to stay home because everything was alright. I had no idea there wouldn’t be much cell service there. Poor mom was very upset. I had my husband go outside and call her.
The doctor came in an hour later and told me he’d give me fluids, do an exam and give me something for the nausea and probably antibiotics in case it’s bacterial. But it’s probably a virus. He also said he didn’t think I’d need a CT scan unless my blood work was off.
The nurse put this catheter in the absolute wrong spot. It was painful going in and I couldn’t bend or move my arm much, this made bathroom time even more painful.

About two hours later the doctor came back and did a rectal exam (ouch) said I didn’t have that much blood there. I could go home after I get my fluids and medication.
I finally got my fluids, Zofran for nausea, and two antibiotics. The same antibiotics I got to treat the diverticulitis I never had.
About a minute later a nurse came in to discharge me. I told her I just got my fluids. She was surprised and left the room. Never came back.
They gave me my fluids very fast and working the hour I was on my way home.
I still had some bloody stool afterwards. The next day I woke up with a migraine, I had to use another day off from work. But I rested and felt better.
The following day I got my period. Coincidence? Maybe.
I’ve been taking the antibiotics and luckily had this weekend off. Saturday, I hardly got out of bed. My cramps and leg pain were bad, so I took the opportunity (and advantage of having my husband home to help). It was nice to relax. I did do laundry and bake and then took a nice walk with hubby.
This morning, I woke with a half swollen, red tongue that is sore. This has me thinking, it’s probably viral. I’ve had this before, the swollen tongue, I’m just not sure if it’s related to the antibiotics or not. I do remember the last time I took one of them I had to stop taking them. Maybe it was just because of the horrific taste they leave when they hit your tongue.
Anyway, today I’m feeling better.

About our last embryo

I have been diagnosed with Endometriosis, Adenomyosis and Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. I've had Lyme, Bell's Palsy and the Shingles before I was 25. I've done IVF, with and without immunosuppression and FET. I have had two miscarriages. I am married to my best friend and I am Infertile. Through these struggles, I had to unlearn and relearn many things, through spirituality and alternative healing modalities, I have begun the process of becoming who I am supposed to be. A healer.
This entry was posted in adenomyosis, anxiety, Endometriosis, endometriosis awareness, endometriosis diet, food allergy, Hashimotos thyroiditis, IBS, invisible illness and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Endo/colitis/viral? Warning tmi ahead

  1. rosiedd78 says:

    So sorry to hear you have been seriously under the weather!! I had E. Coli (0157) last month that sounds remarkably like similar symptoms. They will have to take a sample and it takes a few days before all of the poop cultures come back (and there’s nothing they can really do besides keep your fluids up). But I hope it’s viral and on its way out!

  2. This is terrible.. Sorry you have to go through all of that. Hoping you are feeling better soon.

  3. sadietrue says:

    Oh my gosh I’m so sorry you had to go through all that. I hope you’re on the mend now.

  4. cindysn says:

    I hope your feeling better

  5. Melissa says:

    Have you been tested for food sensitivities and allergies? From my experiences, gluten and/or dairy intolerance can cause these same symptoms. Try eliminating them both did several months and see how you feel!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s