Recovery is slow and painful

Before I get into some of what the surgeon told me on Monday, I figured I’d let you all know what I’m experiencing.
It’s been 4 &1/2 days since surgery. Showering is exhausting. Standing for more than two minutes is tiring and I’m weak.
My throat is finally feeling better. The right side of the roof of my mouth has healed (it seemed to have been scraped or something). I still have a cough but I’m not bringing up the colors anymore. There’s still a tickle that shocks me out of a nice sleep.
The tingling around my nose is still going on and I’m not really sure what that’s all about, but it’s been there since I woke up.
The bladder pain is pretty much gone unless I hold it too long. The back pain isn’t going away. My rear end hurts a lot but I have to be sitting or laying on it for a while so I slept on a heating pad last night.
I’m eating solid food! I’m eating solid food!!! I ate half of a gluten free chocolate chip cookie and loved it.
My intestines are making so much noise. I had my first movement on Sunday night. It was incredibly painful, after all it was a few days worth of real food I haven’t eaten in months. It quickly turned to diarrhea. The gas is painful, but at least it’s working now.
My insides feel horrible. I don’t even know if I can compare the pain to anything. Maybe a burning or scratching ache? My muscles all hurt and I’m feeling old. I have been taking Advil for the pain. I tried to spread out how many times I take it but I’m not sure that was a good idea. The hospital said I could take 400mg(2 tablets) every four hours. The first day I did that, by Sunday I was taking it every six hours. Yesterday, I was traveling back and forth to the appointment so my schedule was a bit off. Today I’m taking one pill to see if it helps at all. If not, after four hours, I’ll take two. I’m not too sure I can make it to work on Thursday.
I may be a little depressed too.
And I seem to have upset my left ankle! I got up two nights ago to use the toilet and when I got back to bed, my ankle hurt. Maybe it’s tension?
I had my post op check yesterday and I think I’m still in shock and I’m not too sure how to put it all in one post. I’m still waiting for the operative report because then it’s in black and white and I don’t seem as attached when I read it rather than when I hear it. I have the biopsy results which of course all came back as endometriosis (duh) and I have pictures but I’m not 100% on what’s what.


About our last embryo

I have Endometriosis, Adenomyosis and Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. I've had Lyme, Bell's Palsy and the Shingles before I was 25. I've done IVF twice, with and without immunosuppression and FET. I am married to my best friend and I am Infertile.
This entry was posted in adenomyosis, Endometriosis, endometriosis awareness, endometriosis diet, excision surgery for endometriosis, Hashimotos thyroiditis, hope and love, IBS, infertility, invisible illness, laparoscopy and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s